This term our writing is based on 'The Viewer' by Shaun Tan. You can read the story by clicking on the link below.
Term 2 week 5
This week we will be writing a diary entry. Take a look at the Oak academy lessons for this week's lessons.
- Day 1 - Lesson 11, To generate vocabulary for a diary entry
- Day 2 - Lesson 12, To understand the features of a diary
- Day 3 - Lesson 13 - To write a diary entry
- Day 4 - Write your diary entry
- Day 5 - Proof read and edit your diary entry
Term 2 week 4
This week is assessment week. Please look at the 2016 sample papers for reading comprehension, SPaG and spelling.
KS2 Year 6 SATs Papers
Term2, week 3
This week we will be writing a newspaper report to describe the events of the viewer story. Take a look at the Oak Academy website and then decide if you would like to write a newspaper report about 'The Viewer' or a newspaper report about 'Spiderman'.
- Day 1 - Punctuating speech, BBC bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zv9hnrd
- Day 2 - Oak academy lesson 1, To analyse the features of a newspaper report
- Day 3 - Oak academy lesson 4, To gather evidence for a newspaper report
- Day 4 - Oak academy lesson 6, To write the opening for a newspaper report
- Day 5 - Finish writing your newspaper report, proof read and edit
Term 2, week 2
This week we will be writing a warning letter from Tristan to the next person who opens the box.
Take a look at the Oak Academy lessons on how to write a persuasive letter and then decide if you would like to write a letter from Tristan or a persuasive letter about school uniform.
- Day 1 - To understand the features of a persuasive letter
- Day 2 - Oak Academy lesson 4 - To generate points to use in our persuasive letter
- Day 3 - Oak Academy lesson 8 - To develop an understanding of how to use formal conjunctions
- Day 4 - Oak Academy lesson 6 - To plan a persuasive letter
- Day 5 - Oak Academy lesson 9 - To write a persuasive letter
Term 2, week 1
Please click on the link for Oak Academy lessons
- Day 1 - read the book 'The Viewer' Oak Academy lesson 1
- Day 2 -Oak Academy lesson 4
- Day 3 - Oak Academy lesson 5
- Day 4 - Oak Academy lesson 6
- Day 5 - Write a setting description of the dump