Spring, term 3
This term our English work will be based on Sherlock Holmes. As a class we will be reading the children's version of 'A Study in Scarlet' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and we will be following the English lessons on the Oak Academy website.
Spring term 3 week 1
Please look at the Oak Academy for this week's English lessons.
Sherlock Holmes - Mixed outcomes - Oak National Academy (thenational.academy)
Day 1 - To build knowledge of the historical context of the narrative
Day 2 - To investigate homophones, (this week's spellings are homophones)
Day 3 - To explore simple and compound sentences
This term our writing is based on 'The Viewer' by Shaun Tan. You can read the story by clicking on the link below.
Term 2 week 6
This week we will be writing an alternative ending to a story.
English lessons for Key Stage 2 students - Oak National Academy (thenational.academy)
- Day 1 - Filming our Christmas dance routines
- Day 2 - Filming our Christmas acting
- Day 3 - Oak academy lesson 14, To write an alternative ending to a story
- Day 4 - Complete story, proof read and edit
- Day 5 - Oak academy lesson 15 - To develop reading for pleasure
Term 2 week 5
This week we will be writing a diary entry. Take a look at the Oak academy lessons for this week's lessons.
- Day 1 - Lesson 11, To generate vocabulary for a diary entry
- Day 2 - Lesson 12, To understand the features of a diary
- Day 3 - Lesson 13 - To write a diary entry
- Day 4 - Write your diary entry
- Day 5 - Proof read and edit your diary entry
Term 2 week 4
This week is assessment week. Please look at the 2016 sample papers for reading comprehension, SPaG and spelling.
KS2 Year 6 SATs Papers
Term2, week 3
This week we will be writing a newspaper report to describe the events of the viewer story. Take a look at the Oak Academy website and then decide if you would like to write a newspaper report about 'The Viewer' or a newspaper report about 'Spiderman'.
- Day 1 - Punctuating speech, BBC bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zv9hnrd
- Day 2 - Oak academy lesson 1, To analyse the features of a newspaper report
- Day 3 - Oak academy lesson 4, To gather evidence for a newspaper report
- Day 4 - Oak academy lesson 6, To write the opening for a newspaper report
- Day 5 - Finish writing your newspaper report, proof read and edit
Term 2, week 2
This week we will be writing a warning letter from Tristan to the next person who opens the box.
Take a look at the Oak Academy lessons on how to write a persuasive letter and then decide if you would like to write a letter from Tristan or a persuasive letter about school uniform.
- Day 1 - To understand the features of a persuasive letter
- Day 2 - Oak Academy lesson 4 - To generate points to use in our persuasive letter
- Day 3 - Oak Academy lesson 8 - To develop an understanding of how to use formal conjunctions
- Day 4 - Oak Academy lesson 6 - To plan a persuasive letter
- Day 5 - Oak Academy lesson 9 - To write a persuasive letter
Term 2, week 1
Please click on the link for Oak Academy lessons
- Day 1 - read the book 'The Viewer' Oak Academy lesson 1
- Day 2 -Oak Academy lesson 4
- Day 3 - Oak Academy lesson 5
- Day 4 - Oak Academy lesson 6
- Day 5 - Write a setting description of the dump